Curried Cabbage Slaw
This quick and easy recipe is a great way to add a hit of flavour to all sorts of dishes. It takes inspiration from the classic coronation chicken and combines it with a fresh coleslaw. BBQs are given a mellow spice, cheese meets its exotic partner, a salad is transformed into a taste journey! The cabbage, carrots and the rest of the ingredients are really cheap to buy and using yoghurt to bring it all together means you end up with a light healthy dish that you can enjoy any day. This is a great dish to take to a party or BBQ or just make up a big batch and smugly make your way through it with your lunches over the week!
- 1/2 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 white cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 large carrots
- 5 tbsp. Skyr/Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 handful raisins
- 1 glug white wine vinegar
- Heat a good glug of oil in a pan and add the cabbage and pur in a glug of the white wine vinegar. Cover with a lid and sweat down until the cabbage is soft.
- Whilst the cabbage is cooking mix together all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Allow the cabbage to cool and add this into the mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Pop in the fridge or use as you like!
- Alter the heat of the dish by changing how hot or mild the curry powder and mango chutney are.
- The skyr yoghurt is high in protein
- The turmeric is a great antioxidant.
- the cabbage is a good source of fibre.