The Best Pepper and Tomato Salsa
This is an amazingly versatile dish that works well as a dip, as a side dish to fish or chicken or as a an accompaniment within a wrap/burger/pitta sandwich etc. The most important thing is to roast the pepper and onion- this gives the dish its subtle sweetness.
- 1 white onion
- 1 green pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 green chilli
- 1 handful coriander
- 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 2 pinches salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas6
- Quarter the onion and roast in a tin with the pepper (left whole) for 30 minutes.
- Deseed and roughly chop the tomato and finely slice the chilli.
- Roughly chop the coriander.
- After 30 mins remove the veg from the oven. Remove the stalk and seeds from the pepper and roughly chop the flesh. slice up the onion.
- Add all the ingredients with the chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper to a bowl and use a wand blender to quickly pulse into a thick and chunky salsa